Halas Nanophotonics Group
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Surface Enhanced Spectroscopy
- Surbhi Lal, Susan E. Clare, and Naomi J. Halas "Nanoshell-Enabled Photothermal Cancer Therapy: Impending Clinical Impact," , Accounts of Chemical Research (special issue on Nanoscience) 41, 1842-1851 (2008).
- J. Britt Lassiter, Javier Aizpurua, L. Ivan Hernandez, Daniel W. Brandl, Isabel Romero, Surbhi Lal, Jason H. Hafner, Peter Nordlander, and Naomi J. Halas,"Close encounters between two nanoshells," , Nano Letters 8,(4) 1212-1218 (2008).
- Surbhi Lal, Nathaniel K. Grady, Janardan Kundu, Carly S. Levin, J. Britt Lassiter, and Naomi J. Halas, , "Tailoring plasmonic substrates for surface enhanced spectroscopies," , Chemical Society Reviews 7(5), 898-911 (2008).
- Surbhi Lal, Stephan Link, and Naomi J. Halas, "Nano-optics from sensing to waveguiding," , Nature Photonics 1(11),641-648 (2007).
- Surbhi Lal, Nathaniel K. Grady, Glenn P. Goodrich, and Naomi J. Halas, "Profiling the Near Field of a Plasmonic Nanoparticle with Raman-Based Molecular Rulers,", Nano Letters 6, 2338-2343 (2006).
- Surbhi Lal, Sarah L. Westcott, Robin N. Taylor, Joseph B. Jackson, Peter Nordlander, and Naomi J. Halas, "Light Interaction between Gold Nanoshells Plasmon Resonance and Planar Optical Waveguides," , J. Phys. Chem. B, 106, 5609-5612 (2002).
- M. S. Haque, H. A. Naseem, J. L. Shultz, W. D. Brown, S. Lal, and S. Gangopadhyay, "Comparision of infrared, Raman, photoluminescence, and x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy for characterizing arc-jet deposited diamond films," Journal of Applied Physics 83(8), 4421-4429, (1998).
- S. Lal, S. Liu, S. Gangopadhyay, M. S. Haque, and H. A. Naseem, "Effect of diamond film quality on tungsten related photoluminescence peaks," Applied Physics Letters, 71(25), 3640-3642, (1997).
- F. G. Anderson, T. Dallas, S. Lal, S. Gangopadhyay, and M. Holtz, "The Electronic Structure of Tungsten Impurities in Diamond Films," Solid State Communications 102(12),867-870 (1997).
- S. Lal, T. Dallas, S. Yi, S. Gangopadhyay, M. Holtz, and F. G. Anderson, "Defect photoluminescence in polycrystalline diamond films grown by arc-jet chemical-vapor deposition," Physical Review B 54(19),13428-13431 (1996).
- Surbhi Lal "Nanotechnology Today!"Popular lecture presented at the American Association of University Women Fort Bend branch, 14 September, 2006
- Surbhi Lal, Nathaniel K. Grady, Glenn P. Goodrich, and Naomi J. Halas, "Profiling the near field of nanoshells using Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy," " Bulletin of the American Physical Society March Meeting; Vol 50, Session N35.006, Los Angeles CA, 2005.
- Surbhi Lal , Glenn P. Goodrich, Bruce E. Brinson, and Naomi J. Halas, "Plasmon-induced modifications in spontaneous emission of fluorophores in controlled nanoscale geometries," Bulletin of the American Physical Society March Meeting, Vol. 49, No. 1, Part A, Session S34.003, 2004.
- Surbhi Lal , Robin N. Taylor, Sarah L. Westcott, Corey Radloff, Joseph B. Jackson, and Naomi J. Halas, "Plasmon-Plasmon interactions between gold nanoshells and gold surfaces," presented at the Quantum Electronics and Laser Science Conference (QELS), Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD, 2001.
- Surbhi Lal , Robin N. Taylor, Sarah L. Westcott, Corey Radloff, Joseph B. Jackson, and Naomi J. Halas, "Plasmon-Plasmon Interaction between Gold Nanoshells and Gold Surfaces," Bulletin of the American Physical Society March Meeting, Session L11.003, , Seattle WA, 2001.
- Surbhi Lal , Timothy Dallas, Mark Holtz, R. Lichti, and Subhra Gangopadhyay, "Excitation Dependant Continuous Wave Photoluminescence and Electron Spin Resonance Measurements of CVD Diamond Films," Bulletin of the American Physical Society March Meeting, Vol 41, St. Louis MO, 1996.
Surbhi transfered to the Applied Physics program from the University of Pittsburgh in January 2000. She has a masters degree in physics from Texas Tech
University. Her Thesis was on "Characterization of CVD Diamond films."
Surbhi is most easily contacted via email at email@example.com
Last Modified January 2008