I graduated with a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Dec. 2017) and
a M. S. in Electrical Engineering (May 2011) from
being advised by prof. Behnaam Aazhang.
Being a computer engineer at heart, I proved theoretical wireless communication concepts by running experiments using the WARP platform.
My latest research interest has been two-fold. I showed through experimental results that the Compute-and-Forward protocol and interference-aware strategies are practical to be used in real systems. Therefore, I built a framework using WARPlab to run 2x2 MIMO wireless experiments implementing integer-forcing(IF) linear receivers. Secondly, I reduced the complexity of such receivers in practical OFDM systems by taking advantage of the characteristics of the wireless channel.
PublicationsNote: I have published my Master Thesis and several publications under my maiden name: Corina I. Serediuc.
- C. Ionita, B. Nazer, C. Feng and B. Aazhang, "Integer-Forcing Linear Receiver: OFDM Architecture and Empirical Results", to be submitted to IEEE Transactions in Wireless Communications
- C. Ionita, "Practical Integer-Forcing Linear Receivers: from OFDM Signal Architecture to WARP Experimental Validation" Ph.D. Thesis, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA, December 2017 .pdf at Rice
- C. Ionita, B. Nazer, C. Feng and B. Aazhang, "An Experimental Study on the Robustness of Integer Forcing Linear Receivers", proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications(ICC), 2017 IEEE ICC
- W. He, C. Feng, C. Ionita and B. Nazer, "Collision Scheduling for Cellular Networks", proceedings IEEE ISIT 2015, 14-19 June 2015, p.1417-1421, .pdf at IEEE
- C. Ionita, M. Mansour, JC Roh, and S. Hosur, "On the Design of Binary Polar Codes for High-Order Modulation", proceedings Global CommunicaBons Conference(GLOBECOM), 2014 IEEE GLOBECOM, 8-12 Dec. 2014 .pdf at IEEE
- C. Ionita, J. Lilleberg and B. Aazhang, "Detectors for Estimate-and-Forward Wireless Relay Networks", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.13, no.11, pp.6342-6355, Nov. 2014, .pdf at IEEE
- C. Serediuc, "MAP Detection with Soft Information in the Estimate and Forward Relay Network" Master Thesis, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA, May 2011 .pdf at Rice
- C. Serediuc, J. Lilleberg and B. Aazhang, "MAP Detection with Soft Information in an Estimate and Forward Relay Network", Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Signal, Systems, and Computers, Asilomar, Nov. 2010, .pdf at IEEE
- C. Serediuc, "Simulation of production systems with the software ARENA", B.Sc. Thesis, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania, August 2007
- C. Ionita, M. Mansour, JC Roh and S. Hosur, "Multilevel Coding with Binary Alphabet Polar Codes", USPTO number 10,135,460, issued Nov. 2018. (USPTO link)
- C. Ionita, M. Mansour, JC Roh and S. Hosur, "A Method for Polar Code Design with High-Order Modulation", USPTO number 9,467,164, issued Oct. 2016. (USPTO link)
I finished my Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at Rice University with prof. Behnaam Aazhang, I was a Visiting Scholar at Boston University where I worked with prof. Bobak Nazer and I collaborated with then Assistant Prof. Feng Cheng from The University of British Columbia. I received an M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Rice University in 2011 and I am a Diploma Engineer (which is a B.Sc. with a thesis) from the Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Science at University Politehnica of Bucharest in 2007.
Curriculum Vitae (Last Updated: Jan 2019)
|Best elevator pitch competition SCREECH, section "Engineering in Connectivity"||Oct. 2013|
|Harrianna Butler Scholarship, The Association of Rice Engineering Alumni||2012-2013|
|IEEE Student Chapter and Women ExCEL - Schlumberger Fellowship||2011-2012|
|Winner best graduate poster, 2011 ECE Affiliates Annual Meeting||April 2011|
|The Loewenstern Scholarship in Engineering||2008-2009|
|Mobility grant, awarded within the Socrates-Erasmus Study Program||Spring 2007|
|Valedictorian of the 2002 class at "Traian" National College||2002|
|"Key of the high-school" award for the highest ranking graduate||2002|
Research related linksIn my journey towards my Ph.D. I have found myself google-ing all kind of things. I have always wanted to make a list of useful and interesting links. The following list represents the most useful ones I always came back to.
- RGB codes (useful for Matlab code that builds figures): http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm
- Local time differences: http://localtimes.info/difference/
- Map of the time zones: http://24timezones.com/
- Draw LaTex symbols: http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html
- List of mathematical inequalities: http://www.lkozma.net/inequalities_cheat_sheet/ineq.pdf
- Information theory inequalities: http://poincare.matf.bg.ac.rs/nastavno/viktor/Inequalities_in_Information_Theory.pdf
- Matlab code to center a plot (ex.: plotting a constellation): link
- List of special characters in Latex: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Special_Characters
The best way to contact me is through e-mail.
mailto: corina.ionita [at] rice.edu