After you finish this class, and perhaps even a year later, I hope you
- Remember the different learning styles and their implications.
- Understand the value of various teaching techniques: active learning,
cooperative learning, team-based, project-based, etc.
- Know how and where to find information on engineering education and teaching
- Be able to efficiently design a course or subject module with significant
learning experiences and goals.
- Be able to assess your own teaching, and that of others, and offer suggestions
- Be able to assess students and provide appropriate feedback.
- Make appropriate uses of technology in teaching.
- Relate your disciplinary knowledge and research to your teaching
- Recognize the value of good teaching and of mentoring students.
- Become excited about becoming a great teacher and work at it.
- Express to others the value of effective teaching.
- Create a learning plan to continue your development as an effective teacher.
- Continue to document your progress through your teaching portfolio.
- Become a change-agent within your institution to promote effective teaching,
training, and support.