Please see the Course Schedule for details. Primary topics include:
- Learning styles, teaching styles, and dealing with the mismatch.
- How to plan a course; instructional objectives, preparing a syllabus and policies.
- Creating assignments and tests that are fair and rigorous; grading policies.
- Effective lecturing techniques; active learning, use of technology.
- Cooperative learning, project-based learning, case-based learning; team issues.
- Teaching higher level thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Dealing with student problems, classroom management, emotional crises.
- Evaluating teaching, especially your own.
- Documenting your teaching activities.