Rice Engineering is a vibrant community with many organizations for students to get involved! Check out the ECE-related organizations, honor societies, and clubs below, or for learn more about all the other Student Activities at Rice.
ECE Student Clubs
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Houston Chapter of the IEEE Circuits and Systems (CAS) Society
- Houston Chapter IEEE Photonics Society (formerly LEOS)
- Houston Chapter IEEE Signal Processing Society (IEEESPS)
- Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE - Photonic Owls)
- Tau Beta Pi (Texas Gamma at Rice)
- Women ExCEL
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
Graduate Student Organizations
- Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- ECE Graduate Student Association
- ECE Graduate Student Mentoring Program
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The School of Engineering has worked to make one of Rice one of the most inclusive programs in the nation — not only in classrooms and labs, but through outreach and engagement in the community.
Learn more about Rice Engineering's organizations, opportunities and resources in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Rice ECE undergraduate students are encouraged to study abroad during their time at Rice. Learn more about Study Abroad and Global Programs for Rice Engineering students.