Program Learning Outcomes (Student Outcomes)
Upon completing the BSEE degree, students will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Program Educational Objectives
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering's (BSEE) degree program strives to provide a high quality degree that emphasizes fundamental principles, responds to the changing demands and opportunities of technology, challenges the exceptional abilities of Rice students, and prepares these students for roles of leadership in their chosen careers. In support of this goal, the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering's (BSEE) degree Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are to produce graduates who:
- Practice electrical and computer engineering, and related fields, and/or obtain an advanced degree in electrical and computer engineering, and related fields.
- Use mathematical modeling and problem solving skills in electrical and computer engineering and other technical applications.
- Analyze, incorporate, and adapt to new technical and scientific developments.
- Assume increasing professional responsibility and enhance communication and teamwork abilities.
Enrollment & Degrees Awarded
Learn more about enrollments and degrees awarded for programs in the George R. Brown School of Engineering.